Wednesday, February 23, 2011

DBUA from 10gR2 to 11gR2 Issue

One of my fellow dba's hit this snag recently upgrading from 10r2 to 11r2: "I used Xming and Putty and was able to Install everything for Oracle 11gR2, Upgrade ASM to the new Grid Infrastructure just fine. Installed Oracle 11gR2. The problem was when I started to use the DBUA to upgrade my database from 10gR2 to 11gR2 DBUA showed me all the panels until I got to the very last panel where you would actually launch the upgrade process and it stopped working. No processes where running on the server and no information on the screen to indicate the steps were processing. I let it stay this was for over an hour. Oracle (SR) said I had to use another X-windows tool.

I used my trusty Tru64 server I have at my desk and it worked fine. The progress bar started displaying within one second."

A good FYI.
Thx

No comments: